Friday, September 3, 2010

Can Movies Be Good Again?

Movies over the years have only become worse. It's sad when I have people telling me that Vampires Suck is "super funny". It had a 5% on rottentomatoes last time I checked and it's made by people who always make shitty movies. Therefore, it's PROBABLY another shitty movie. And yet people tell me it's funny. My explanation: Compared to other shit that's out, this shit makes fun of Twilight (a.k.a mega shit) and through some sort of craziness that I can't even explain, it is therefore not as shitty as everything else. To them at least. I have taste and refuse to lower my movie standards because people aren't producing actually good films.
The last world wide hit was a piece of shit (very very beautiful shit) called Avatar. Looked stunning but had the story of a Disney film. Literally. As soon as we get some worldwide hits that deserve to be hits, I'll be happy again. Okay I won't be happy, that's practically impossible, but I will be content with movies.

What really sucks: I've had a free pass to a movie since Inception (great movie) came out. I don't know why, but they were just handing them out to all of us while exiting the theater. And it expires in like 2 weeks. Still haven't used it because nothing good ever comes out. And I like having money so this free pass must be used before I spend money on a movie! So someone make a good movie in like a week and a half and get it in theaters. I will gladly spend my free pass to see it.

2 comments: